Connecting Non-Traditional Participants with Campus Recreation Facilities and Programming
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Room 702
- Ben Chuha, CRSS, Miami University-Oxford
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
Are there groups on your campus underrepresented in campus recreation? Is there a way to reach the many video game enthusiasts on campus? Through the example of the Goggin Ice Center, discover how partnerships, a new view of your facilities, and a little synergy can lead to exciting and engaging events that draw in new and current participants alike. This interactive session will spark ideas and help you begin your own planning process.
- Learn how to create exciting and engaging programming for audiences not traditionally interested in campus recreation.
- Identify potential partners on campus.
- Discover approaches to building relationships with groups who are not already a major part of your campus recreation participation base.