Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now: The Uniqueness of HBCUs
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 1.0 NASM CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 3:45pm-4:45pm
- Room 407
- Peter Stevenson, Emory & Henry College; Chavonne Shorter; Tyrone Tanner, Southern University and A&M College
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
The title says it all. Despite many obstacles such as budget constraints and limited staffing, you can’t stop us. Historically Black Colleges and Universities across the country have been creative in many ways in order to provide programs for their campus communities. This presentation will explore the unique approaches needed to make something out of nothing.
- See how Historically Black Colleges and Universities with limited resources have gotten creative in providing quality programs on their campuses with little or no funding.
- Discuss the latest health and wellness trends that can help improve campus communities.
- Demonstrate the value of inclusion by getting other departments on campus to partner with campus recreation to serve the entire campus community.