What the Tech? Leveraging Technology to Maximize Your Fitness Programming
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 0.1 NASM CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 2:15pm-3:15pm
- Room 705
- A’Naja Newsome, University of South Florida
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
Technology is invading the fitness industry, and research conducted by The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is showing that it is here to stay. Many consumers are relying on fitness trackers to measure daily activities. Health educators and fitness professionals are using these tools to increase exercise adherence. Learn how to get ahead of this booming market in order to maximize your fitness programming and client participation.
- Review research that indicates the impact that technology is having on the fitness industry and its program users.
- Identify and articulate strategic opportunities and potential barriers for the use of technology in campus recreation programs.
- Determine the need for technology as well as ideas for implementation based on a critical review of the University of South Florida’s fitness program and service offerings.