Integrating Nutrition Wellness into Recreational Sports
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 0.1 NASM CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 10:30am-11:30am
- Room 501
- Jessie Furman, University of Florida; Darcie Burde, University of Florida
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
How does nutrition fit into the collegiate recreation environment? Can collegiate rec grow its offerings while remaining fiscally responsible? What are health halo foods and how effective are diet plans? Learn about nutrition, mindful & emotional eating, and mealtime makeovers. Join us as we evaluate expanding collegiate recreation and enhance your own nutrition wellness!
- Understand how nutrition services can be integrated into a university recreational sports agenda.
- Be able to describe the structure of an individual nutrition counseling session.
- Integrate new nutrition knowledge and recommendations into one’s lifestyle by avoiding common gimmicks and media messages.