The Intentionality Behind the Student Employment Experience
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 8:00am-9:00am
- Room 403
- Andrea Collins, University of Arizona; Justin Mumford, University of Wisconsin- Madison
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
This session will be centered on the balancing act of providing student development within the realities of daily responsibilities. Different than the typical presentation on theory, this is geared towards designing a plan which seamlessly integrates professional and personal development with resources that are already available to you. A deliverable will be provided as a resource to guide the intentionality of your interactions with your student employees.
- Recognize how to elevate your current hiring, training, and evaluation methods to foster student development while enhancing job responsibilities.
- Learn about William Perry’s Intellectual Scheme and identify how this theory takes form in your own work culture.
- Apply creative methods which enhance the undergraduate student’s on- campus employment, involvement, and personal growth experiences.