Who Is Playing: Using Data Analysis to Reach Underserved Populations
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Room 503
- Jindrich Knejfl, University of Alabama at Birmingham; Nicole Garton, CENTERS, LLC At DePaul University; PJ Gustafson, CENTERS, LLC; Kirsten Whittemore, CENTERS, LLC At Marshall University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
While we have many people that use our facility and participate in our programs each day, the unfortunate truth is that there are likely even more who do not. In this presentation, we will discuss ways to look at participation data, determine who is not currently participating, and determining how we can meet their needs to make them feel welcome and included in our facilities and programs.
- Gather or find existing data to assess your program and service offerings and compare with institutional data.
- Analyze the data available to find underserved or underrepresented groups.
- Adjust your program and service offerings and effectively market the changes to reach the target populations.