Let’s Get Competent: Merging Professional Development and NIRSA Core Competencies
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Room 503
- Wes Bonadio, Ohio University; Jill Sturts, PhD, RCRSP, Virginia Wesleyan College
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
This session will explore ways to incorporate new strategies as part of your department’s professional development efforts. Presenters will share ways they use the NIRSA Core Competencies and complementary strategies to help support and enhance their approach to professional development. In addition, presenters will review results from a NIRSA member survey to learn about collegiate recreation’s current views, challenges, and practices related to professional development and the use of NIRSA Core Competencies.
- Articulate strategies to intentionally structure professional development initiatives and integrate practical approaches utilizing the NIRSA Core Competencies.
- Construct specific strategies to align professional development efforts to support and meet individual and department needs.
- Identify current trends within collegiate recreation related to utilizing core competencies, resource allocation, and professional development strategies.