Defining a Student Hiring, On-boarding, and Continuing Education Process for Recreation Student Employees
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Room 501
- Dania Cochran, Central Washington University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
CWU Recreation utilizes a creative process to interview and hire the best possible student employees and identify student employee needs for personal and professional development throughout their tenure at our facility. We’ve identified campus partnerships who support our hiring and continuing development for student employees. We will explain our process, provide materials, and create an open discussion about what other Recreation departments have found useful for student development.
- Collect handouts and materials to reorganize hiring and professional development programs including a Hiring Manual packet created to provide examples of checklists, presentations, and email templates.
- Be able to assess employees from hiring to exit interviews to determine what student employees have learned and what they find most valuable for their personal and professional growth.