Inspiration Redefined: Enhanced Motivational Strategies to Ensure Client Success
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 0.1 NASM CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 9:15am-10:15am
- Room 405
- Christin Everson, Seattle University; Ben Kohler, University of Minnesota
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
Trendy workouts, bodybuilding.com, fitness personalities: our clients are searching everywhere for the motivation they need to care for their health. As fitness professionals, we know how challenging it can be to help our clients find long-term success. In this session, we’ll discuss ways to reshape our thinking about current motivational strategies with a focus on behavior change, inclusion, equity, social support, and self-efficacy.
- Investigate the personal impact of current motivational strategies and messages used throughout the fitness industry.
- Apply the concepts of Self-Determination Theory and the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change to diverse populations.
- Develop a toolkit to filter, develop, and implement effective and impactful motivation strategies for a wide variety of clientele.