Dropping the Mic on Student Retention and Success
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 8:00am-9:00am
- Mile High Ballroom 4ABC
- Todd Misener, PhD, Oklahoma State University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Communicating the role campus recreation plays in student success and retention is a daunting but necessary task. Dwindling state funding and emerging performance-based funding models makes demonstrating the value of campus recreation a top priority. This presentation will describe achievable ways to articulate your value, collaborate, and share research results describing relationships between engagement in campus recreation, student retention, and student success.
- Distinguish at least three sources of data to measure student retention and success.
- Articulate the role that engagement in campus recreation plays in student retention and success.
- Describe at least two ways to identify and connect with students at risk of dropping out of school.