Moving from Why We Can’t to Why We Can: A Blueprint for Holistic Program Assessment
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 10:30am-11:30am
- Room 702
- Greg Corack, EdD,RCRSP, East Carolina University; Brian Stutz, East Carolina University
- Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Whether you are a new professional, a seasoned veteran, or somewhere in between, it is easy to be daunted by all the reasons against offering a new program or initiative. Our presentation will examine CAS program review guidelines that will allow your department to identify shortcomings, accentuate victories, and move to a “why we can” model of program delivery.
- Identify the four stages of a holistic departmental review.
- Analyze current departmental operations and evaluate potential review strategies following CAS standards.
- Recognize and re-frame the pitfalls of popular benchmarking practices.