The Missing Piece: The Role of Campus Recreation in Solving the Puzzle of Sexual Violence on Campus
- 0.4 NIRSA CEUs
- Sunday, March 4, 8:00am-noon
- Room 709
- Rachael Finley, York College of Pennsylvania; Liz Grubb, York College of Pennsylvania
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
- Must have preregistered to attend
Campus recreation professionals have a powerful opportunity to influence the campus culture and be leaders in the prevention of sexual assault, interpersonal violence, and stalking. This workshop is designed to educate attendees about the topic, identify ways they can have influence, and begin an action plan to create change in their communities.
- Describe the scope of the problem of sexual violence, interpersonal violence, and stalking on college campuses.
- Define and demonstrate opportunities in campus recreation to develop respectful communication and bystander intervention techniques with students.
- Articulate at least two ways to implement the Socio-Ecological Model on campus to aid in culture change.