Proactive Concussion Management for Club Sports Programs
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 10:30am-11:30am
- Mile High Ballroom 4DEF
- Larry Mellinger, Elon University; Eric Hall, Elon University; Caroline Ketcham, Elon University; Emily Williams, Elon University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
Concussion management for club sports participants is a growing issue across the country. Collegiate recreation professionals must understand how to effectively educate participants and work collaboratively within their institution to develop an effective concussion management protocol. Learn from staff and faculty at an institution that has developed a wellness-based approach to concussion management about how you can more proactively manage this risk on your campus.
- Learn current and emerging issues in the assessment, diagnosis, and management of concussions.
- Develop competencies for creating a climate of concussion education among club sports participants.
- Create strategies to implement or strengthen concussion management protocol within club sports programs.