Crafting a Staff Development Curriculum with Measurable Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 2:15pm-3:15pm
- Room 405
- Kosti Efstathiou, Willamette University; Jesse Ray, San Francisco State University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive, Student
Curriculum isn’t just a word for the classroom. In campus recreation we refer to the idea of co-curricular experiences for our participants, especially staff. Join us to look at how to create a more effective curriculum for staff development and training as we dive into another common term on campus: learning outcomes. Learn how to add more measurable and pertinent learning outcomes to your curriculum that are inclusive and measurable.
- Define learning outcome and learn how to create/develop more effective and measurable learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate and develop a sustainable format for training curriculum that is inclusive to all learning styles and cultural capitals.
- Articulate the importance of evaluating learning and adjusting training based on short and long term assessment.