Student Employee Attrition and Retention: How Research Can Inform Practice
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 3:45pm-4:45pm
- Mile High Ballroom 4ABC
- Jacob Tingle, CRSS,EdD, Trinity University; Darci Doll, The University of Texas at Austin; Dan Hazlett, Georgia Institute of Technology
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
In this session, attendees will have an opportunity to discuss student employee recruitment and retention efforts. Significant time will be dedicated to allowing attendees to begin developing employee mentor and continuing education programs, guided by research focusing on retention and attrition of sports officials. Session attendees will leave with a psychometrically-sound survey they can use on their own campuses.
- Observe how research can inform human resource strategies.
- Create a survey that can be used to prevent attrition of student employees.
- Develop strategies to create a sense of community with student staff.