Border Town: Victories and Challenges of Working with a Bi-National Student Staff
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 8:30am-9:30am
- Room 501
- Chris Stachewicz, The University of Texas at El Paso; Amilcar Galindo, The University of Texas at El Paso
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
The presentation is focused on enhancing the attendee’s knowledge of working with a bi-national student staff. At The University of Texas at El Paso there are many situations that affect the student staff. Throughout this presentation, we will describe how to deal with these challenges and how many of these situations also benefit the department. There will also be an opportunity to learn about the unique aspect of working with bi-national students and how to embrace the cultural differences on our campuses.
- Identify and navigate the challenges of working with a bi-national student staff.
- Examine the benefits and challenges of working with a bi-national student staff.
- Embrace and celebrate cultural differences.