Aquatics Eye for the Non-Aquatic Guy (or Gal)
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 10:30am-11:30am
- Room 407
- Julie Saldiva, Texas State University; Al Diaz, University of Oregon; Jonathan Hernandez, Texas State University; Stephanie McAlpine, RCRSP, The University of Texas at Arlington
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
Frequently professionals find themselves in situations in which an aquatic facility is handed over to them even though they have little to no experience in aquatics. The presenters in this session have all had to navigate this challenge and want to share their experiences to help others in similar situations. The presenters will cover aquatic basics and teach attendees all the things they wish they had known.
- Identify what certifications to get and where to get them.
- Understand basic aquatic programming and maintenance needs.
- Differentiate between the needs of aquatic staff and other program-area staff.