Moving On Up: Executive Education for Aspiring Directors
- 0.8 NIRSA CEUs
- Sunday, March 4, 8:30am-5:00pm
- Room 711
- Maureen McGonagle, CRSS, CENTERS, LLC At DePaul University
- Mid-Level (Manager)
- Must have preregistered to attend
There are many competencies to master to be considered for a director position. In this workshop, attendees will build skills in competencies (including budgeting, relationship building, political positioning, and executive leadership), strengthen their mentoring network, and develop an action plan for reaching their goals. Prerequisite: at least seven years professional experience including supervision of full-time staff
- Identify at least three learning points gained regarding relationship building, budgeting and resource allocation, and/or communication.
- Identify at least three competencies to focus on for improvement and develop an action plan for developing at least one competency.
- Identify at least three learning points gained regarding political positioning, developing organizational culture, and/or human resource management.