Lessons Learned for Storm Preparation and Response
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 2:15pm-3:15pm
- Room 301
- David Parker, CRSS, University of North Carolina Wilmington; Kim Clark, University of Houston; Franklin Harrison, CRSS, Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi; Diane James, University of Florida; Jeffrey Schmitt, CRSS, The University of West Florida; Amy Swingle, CRSS, Florida Gulf Coast University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive, Student
From major hurricanes to other significant weather events such as winter storms, recreation facilities and programs are often relied upon by our campuses and communities to provide both shelter during the storm and activity for students in the immediate days following the storm. Join our member panel as we discuss ideas related to storm preparedness, serving as a shelter, and being good campus and community partners during significant weather events.
- Articulate some best practices in storm preparedness.
- Identify gaps in your departmental storm preparedness.
- Recognize key components and campus collaborations for storm response.