Designing and Executing a Comprehensive Student Staff Training Plan
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 11:00am-noon
- Room 501
- Scott Holmes, The Ohio State University; Matthew Altendorf, The Ohio State University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
- Featured Regional Conference Educational Session
Go beyond the revolving door of trainings and workshops by being intentional with student staff development. In this presentation, learn about a holistic model designed and applied in a collegiate recreation setting. Focusing on pillars of leadership development, professional development, and job specific training, participants can expect to leave with ideas for the creation and implementation of a training plan that accurately portrays the development of student staff during their employment in collegiate recreation.
- Learn high-impact practices and successful skills employers are looking for in applicants.
- Develop student staff training and development ideas for a model on your campus.
- Identify challenges and areas of support while creating and implementing a training plan at your institution.