The Pick of Pic: An Examination of People of Color in Collegiate Recreation Program Guides
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Room 403
- Jennifer Pecoraro, University of West Georgia
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive, Student
- Featured Regional Conference Educational Session
Through this interactive case study, explore how people of color are presented in the collegiate recreation program guides of NIRSA’s Region II institution members. Learn in what ways sociology impacts marketing decisions regarding race and ethnicity and how recreation professionals develop marketing action plans to address underrepresentation.
- Learn at least one finding regarding how people of color are represented in Region II collegiate recreation program guides.
- Identify at least one barrier to participation across various program areas that bias marketing decisions.
- Learn how to develop a strategic marketing plan that addresses the underrepresentation of people of color in collegiate recreation program guides.