Earn Continuing Education Credit (C.E.U.) at NIRSA 2018
NIRSA 2018 will offer a variety of opportunities to earn continuing education credits!
NIRSA 2018 will also be an approved provider of continuing education for the following organizations:
What are the requirements for earning CEUs?
- Attendees are responsible for understanding their credential’s requirement. NIRSA 2018 has been pre-approved to offer CEUs for the following credentials: RCRSP, ACE, and ACSM, AFAA, and NASM. To verify their attendance at sessions marked with CEU values, credential holders must complete a session evaluation and include their name and email when prompted at the end of each session evaluation. A transcript of your attendance will be sent to you within 6 weeks after the event for you to keep for your files.
How do I know which programs offer credits?
- Education programs that have been pre-approved for CEU/CEC values will be identified in the printed program guide and the event’s Guidebook app.
I am an ACE/ACSM/AFAA/NASM credential holder. Does NIRSA submit my attendance to them?
- No. NIRSA is an approved provider of CEUs for those organizations. This means NIRSA has agreed to offer educational content that meets the requirements of the credential programs listed above. We have also agreed to provide you with a record of your attendance at sessions with CEU values. For us to provide you with that attendance record, please be sure to complete the session feedback form at the end of the session you want to earn credit for attending. Attendees are responsible for being familiar with their credential program’s application and renewal requirements. It is your responsibility to keep the document for your own records and follow your credential’s directions for submitting documentation of credits earned towards your credential.
Additional Information for RCRSP Designation Holders
- To renew their credential, RCRSP designation holders must submit a list of education activities with their renewal application. It is the intention of the transcript to help you with your recordkeeping. NIRSA provides optional tools for helping RCRSP designation holders track activities, but NIRSA does not maintain this information for you nor does NIRSA track RCRSP designation holders’ attendance at events.
- Upon their renewal date (3 years from the time of acceptance into the Registry), an RCRSP designation holder must submit their renewal application AND their list of education activities with their renewal application. Please refer to the Registry webpage for more information. Contact Registry@NIRSA.org with questions or concerns.