Beyond learning about new approaches and techniques for a wide variety of specialty areas at more than 130 educational sessions and developing your career path at the Career Opportunities Center, as a student attendee you’ll immerse yourself in the NIRSA culture and community through a variety of networking and experiential learning events.
Your name badge is your key to unlocking these great student specific events and NIRSA traditions:
- First Time Attendee Conference Kick-off – First time attendees are encouraged to attend to hear about the ‘must-do’s’ at conference, meet fellow NIRSA members, and learn how to make the most of your conference experience.
- NIRSA Student Lounge – Stop by any time during conference to relax and have fun conversations. Student leaders will be available to answer questions about the conference, as well as, help you connect with other students and professionals.
- Talk to a Pro – This is your chance to talk with a professional about your area of interest. This is a time to ask questions and gain insight into specific departments within Campus Recreation. All sessions and topics will be posted in guidebook.
- Student Member Connection Meeting – Come meet fellow students, learn about this past year’s accomplishments, and provide input on future initiatives.
- Take a Student to Lunch – This is your opportunity to sit down for lunch with great minds and mentors in our association. Sign up for this free event when you register for conference
You’re also welcome to attend these NIRSA traditions to learn more about the Association and meet fellow members:
- All Conference Social
- Regional Member Network Connections & Socials
- NIRSA Annual Meeting of the Members
- Lee Wasson People of Color Social—all welcome!
- LGBTQ & Friends Social
- Independent Socials
- Honor Award Banquet
With all these great resources at your fingertips as a student attendee of NIRSA 2017, you will steadily grow into an outstanding collegiate recreation professional and a leader in higher education.