Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal II: NIRSA will be known as a knowledge source, innovator and authority on the benefits of collegiate recreation at the national and community level.
Objective 2: Increase the quality, quantity and dissemination of research and data that supports the profession
- Review and approve requests from members to conduct research using NIRSA’s name and/or database, following guidelines established in 2007.
- Consult the NIRSA BOD regarding proposed projects and inform the BOD decision-making process.
- Review research grant proposals and make funding recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Subcommittees may include:
- Advisement subcommittee to assist other NIRSA members and/or leadership groups in their projects.
- Institutional Data Set subcommittee to review and provide feedback on the platform’s content and reporting mechanisms.
- Salary survey subcommittee to review and provide feedback on its integration in the IDS.
- Space Planning Guidelines subcommittee to review content standards and provide recommendations to update NIRSA’s Space Planning Guidelines publication.
- For the NIRSA Annual Conference:
- Review and select the Research and Assessment award recipients.
- Host a roundtable for R&A Committee.
- Support the CAS collegiate recreation standards update process as needed.
- Utilize and keep active the discussion forum and resource library within the Research & Assessment Community of Practice on the NIRSA website as a means of sharing information, resources, and updates to help members stay on top of assessment items; encourage members to share resources from their own campuses and experiences.