- An exception to the policy may be requested by a NIRSA member lead presenter for a non-member co-presenter if they meet one of the following three categories:
- Is not a collegiate recreation professional.
- Is not employed within a collegiate recreation setting (even if employed by a college, university, etc., that has a collegiate recreation program).
- Is not a full-time or part-time student enrolled in a leisure studies, recreation, collegiate recreation, or related academic program.
- Complimentary conference registration will be provided to allow eligible exempt presenter(s) to attend ‘same day’ educational sessions. If eligible exempt presenters are interested in attending additional days, then they will be required to register.
- Submitting the Presenter Exemption Request Form by the presentation proposal deadline is required for full consideration.
- Consideration for requests will be based on budget and membership considerations by NIRSA’s Executive Director or a designee.
Note: Corporate entities and other vendors are ineligible for an exception to the policy.
To Request an Exemption to the Membership Policy
To request an exemption to the membership policy please submit this form.