|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company|
|Chair||Richelle||Williams||Western Washington University|
|Member||Alecia||Stegenga||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Member||Mary||Shelley||San Jacinto Community College|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Nazifa||Islam||NIRSA Headquarters|
2018-2019 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
#RecChats explore hot button issues in the collegiate recreation field and in the Association through free hour-long interactive Twitter and webinar sessions hosted monthly. Topics for #RecChats reflect the needs of the NIRSA membership—they can relate to governance, the annual conference, hot topics in the field, etc. #RecChats allow NIRSA members to learn and connect from across North America in a unique medium with minimum disruption to their daily lives and at no cost. A committee of selected and/or appointed members with knowledge and experience with Twitter and Google Hangout as well as knowledge of the Association and the field is needed.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Develop topics for monthly #RecChats that best serve the needs of Association membership.
- Identify and secure topic expert participation.
- Facilitate and manage the technology for the monthly #RecChat event.
- Regularly promote monthly #RecChats via the NIRSA News and social media.
- Host a #RecChat Social, which will be captured in the conference budget, at the Annual Conference to allow for in-person networking.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.