|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company|
|Chair||Loretta||Capra||Colorado State University-Fort Collins|
|Member||Anthony||Goldston||University of Delaware|
|Member||Andrew||Lemons||St. Edward's University|
|Member||Juliette||Moore||The University of West Florida|
|Member||Thomas||Kirch||Oregon State University|
|Member||William||Boucher||Stephen F Austin State University|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Kelley||Hungerford||NIRSA Headquarters|
Legacy Society Committee
The Legacy Society Committee is a committee of the NIRSA Foundation that is committed to educating, and engaging, NIRSA members in making planned gifts to the NIRSA Foundation. The Legacy Society Committee is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individuals to contribute to the NIRSA Foundation through planned giving.
This committee is appointed by the NIRSA Foundation President for one volunteer leadership year. It works closely with the NIRSA Director of Philanthropy, whose role is to support NIRSA members in peer-to-peer fundraising, to identify and foster prospects and communicate opportunities to prospective donors. This committee also works in conjunction with the Donor Relations to establish goals, activity budgets, and alignment with the strategic goals of the NIRSA Foundation.
This committee is appointed by the NIRSA Foundation President and comprises a chair, a Board Liaison, the NIRSA Foundation Director of Philanthropy, the NIRSA Foundation Coordinator, and up to five additional members. This group should be made up of at least 75% Legacy Society Members.
The criteria for participation on this committee are a passion for building and maintaining relationships and in creating opportunities for NIRSA Members to give back to NIRSA through planned giving.
- Willingness to be a Legacy Society Member
- Willingness to participate in fundraising trainings and to initiate conversations with NIRSA Members in regard to the Legacy Society.
- Participate in bimonthly meetings
- Act as a spokesperson for the NIRSA Foundation, its fields of interest, and its mission
Work with NIRSA Director of Philanthropy to:
- Further develop an understanding of planned giving to prepare for prospect conversations.
- Continue to refine/identify the NIRSA Legacy Society prospect list and make contact with potential donors via proposals sent electronically, in person, or by phone.
- Prepare a campaign effort for the 2020 NIRSA Annual Conference
- In conjunction with the Director of Philanthropy and Donor Relations Chair, set Legacy Society goals for the next year.
- Develop and coordinate annual recognition at VIP Reception.
- Coordinate individual prospect assignments for NIRSA Annual Conference
- Present Legacy Society opportunities at Past President’s Lunch
- Coordinate with the Donor Relations Committee to have a Legacy Society presence at the NIRSA Foundation Conference table
- Evaluate and assess the 2020 NIRSA Annual Conference Legacy Society strategy
- Work with NIRSA Director of Philanthropy to implement marketing efforts that educate and engage NIRSA Members of planned giving opportunities through planned giving.
- Identify individuals to share their “why” for giving for publication in the NIRSA news and on social media
- Coordinate with NIRSA HQ Staff to steward existing Legacy Society members through targeted mailings
- Promote the Legacy Society at regional and national NIRSA events (if attending)