|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Leah||Hall Dorothy||Oregon State Universityemail@example.com|
|Member (2018-2021)||Sean||Basso||The University of Tennesseefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member (2016-2019)||Darcy||Bingham||Retired UCSDemail@example.com|
|BOD Rep||David||Davenport||Austin Peavyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member (2017-2020)||Stefani||Plummer||California Baptistemail@example.com|
|Past Presidents' Rep (2017-2019)||Mike||Waldron||Texas A&Mfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Joe||Williams||NIRSA HQemail@example.com|
2018-2019 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Description: The Audit & Finance Committee shall be a standing committee of the Association comprised of two members of the Board of Directors (one serving as Chair), and three voting members serving staggered three-year terms. The Past President Representative-Member Network serves as a non-voting member of the Committee.
Purpose: To evaluate and recommend appropriate actions to the Board of Directors that will maintain the financial viability of the Association.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Work with the NIRSA HQ staff to develop the 2019 Operating Budget.
- Review with NIRSA HQ staff pre-budget data and assumptions.
- Review with NIRSA HQ staff requests from stakeholder groups for additional funding in the operating budget.
- Review staff proposed annual operating budget.
- Present the 2019 Operating Budget to the NIRSA Board of Directors at the mid-year meeting
- Monitor Operating Budget results through quarterly review of financial statements and reports.
- Annually present a Financial Overview session via webinar to Members.
- Attend the presentation of the consolidated financial statements by NIRSA’s CPA firm.
- Review NIRSA HQ staff recommendations for allocation of cash surpluses, if any, to reserve accounts and present to the NIRSA Board of Directors.
- Periodically review the current NIRSA Financial Planning Principles and make recommendations for changes, as needed.
- Update the NIRSA Investment policy that guides reserve fund investments; recommend changes (if any) to NIRSA Board.
- Help develop key metrics to measure progress and success in strategic plan value proposition and 3-year initiatives.
- Work with NIRSA HQ staff to develop assumptions for a multi-year budget projection.
- Update Policy & Resource manual section on pricing philosophies for NIRSA products and services.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)