|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair BOD Member||Ken||Morton||Stephen F Austin University||
|NIRSA BOD Member||Kristy||Caldwell||Texas State University||
|Past Presidents' Rep (2017-2019)||Mike||Waldron||Texas A & M University-College Station||
|Member (2016-2019)||Darcy||Bingham||University of California, San Diego||
|Member (2015-2018)||Chris||Muller||The University of Texas at Arlington||
|Member (2017-2020)||Stefani||Plummer||California Baptist University||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Kevin||Bellis||NIRSA Headquarters||
Description: The Audit & Finance Committee shall be a standing committee of the Association comprised of two members of the Board of Directors (one serving as Chair), and three voting members serving staggered three-year terms. The Past President Representative-Member Network serves as a non-voting member of the Committee.
Purpose: To evaluate and recommend appropriate actions to the Board of Directors that will maintain the financial viability of the Association.
2017-2018 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal IV, Objective 6: Ensure resources for a strong infrastructure that supports good internal controls, allows for the complexity of the Organization’s operations, and accommodates organizational growth.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- Work with the NIRSA HQ staff to develop the 2018 Operating Budget.
- Review with NIRSA HQ staff pre-budget data and assumptions.
- Review with NIRSA HQ staff requests from stakeholder groups for additional funding in the operating budget.
- Review staff proposed annual operating budget.
- Present the 2018 Operating Budget to the NIRSA Board of Directors at the mid-year meeting
- Monitor Operating Budget results through quarterly review of financial statements and reports.
- Annually present a Financial Overview session via webinar to Members.
- Attend the presentation of the audited financial statements by NIRSA’s CPA firm.
- Review NIRSA HQ staff recommendations for allocation of cash surpluses, if any, to reserve accounts and present to the NIRSA Board of Directors.
- Periodically review the current NIRSA Financial Planning Principles and make recommendations for changes, as needed.
- Update the NIRSA Investment policy that guides reserve fund investments; recommend changes (if any) to NIRSA Board.
- Monitor resource investment and pricing strategies for NIRSA Event Services.
- Work with NIRSA HQ staff to tie the operating budget to strategic goals and objectives.
- Suggest ways to increase Member understanding of the Organization’s finances (transparency).
- Work with NIRSA HQ staff to develop assumptions for a multi-year budget projection.