Before we know it, the NIRSA Championship Series basketball season will be here. The NIRSA Championship Series is looking forward to a new season of great tournaments at our wonderful regional locations, and is excited to announce the new host sites for the 2019 regional basketball tournaments. Get these dates on your calendars—you won’t want to miss any of the action!
- February 8–10, University of Illinois
- February 22–24, University of Dayton
- March 1–3, University of Colorado Boulder
- March 1–3, Georgia Southern University
- March 1–3, University of Maryland
- March 8–10, Eastern Washington University
- March 8–10, University of California, Los Angeles
- March 8–10, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- March 15–17, Easter Carolina University
- March 15–17, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- March 15–17, Washington University in St. Louis
- March 22–24, University of Florida
- March 22–24, Texas A&M University
NIRSA Championship Series basketball has established a name for itself as a fantastic platform for competition and play. With a wonderful group of regional hosts, we expect nothing less than another year full of fun yet competitive tournaments.
The Basketball Work Team has been hard at work to guarantee the season runs smoothly for all involved. Work Team Chair Jeff Logsdon says, “I would like to thank all of the institutions who applied and the group of nine hard-working NIRSA professionals who were instrumental in host site selection. It is always the most challenging aspect as a committee to choose host sites because the institutions want to contribute to the development of the student participants, officials, and staff who attend these various tournaments.” The NIRSA Champ Series is grateful to have a hardworking group involved with our basketball regionals and nationals this year. Jeff adds, “It is an honor to work with all of these folks and I look forward to success during the NIRSA Champ Series Regional and National Basketball Championships!”
Don’t miss the action as the regional tournaments begin—follow us on Twitter and Instagram and even tag us using @NIRSAChamp or #NIRSABB. And remember the NIRSA National Basketball Championship will be hosted by Wichita State University at Wichita Hoops in Wichita, Kansas for the next three years! The first of those championships will take place on April 12–14, 2019. Look for updates on our website and check out volunteer opportunities on our staff and officials page. Come join the fun!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA National Sport Programs Coordinator Nicole Jackson.