The NIRSA Championship Series is excited to have another soccer season upon us; eight incredible host sites have been selected for the regionals this year. Although the NIRSA season won’t start until October, now’s the perfect time to get the dates on your calendars and start planning to get your teams to the NIRSA Championship Series game!
Mark your calendars with these following dates:
- October 19-21; Region V Iowa State University in Ames, IA
- October 26-28; Region VI North University of Oregon in Eugene, OR
- October 27-28; Region III Men’s Grand Parks Event Center in Westfield, IN
- October 27-28; Region I Kirkwood Soccer Complex in New Castle, DE
- November 2-4; Region II BB&T Park in Winston-Salem, NC
- November 2-4; Region III Women’s Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI
- November 2-4; Region IV Mohawk Sports Complex in Tulsa, OK
- November 2-4; Region VI South Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA
Chair of the NIRSA championship Series Soccer Work Team and Assistant Director of Competitive Sports at the University of Alabama, Laura Thomas says, “Regional NIRSA Soccer tournaments are the only opportunity, for many, to compete at a collegiate-level tournament in the sport of soccer. I’m proud to say we are supporting the vision of The Series by providing a premiere opportunity such as these across the United States. Our Regional Coordinators work hard each year to keep us pushing the needle forward.”
Laura adds, “the professionals and students that support NIRSA by hosting and planning these tournaments have great impact on many colleagues across the field. It’s a great way to get involved, get your foot in the door, and gain experience within The Series.”
We are looking forward to having the NIRSA National Soccer Championships back in Foley, Alabama at the Foley Sports Tourism Complex this year! The national tournament will take place from November 29 to December 1, 2018! Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of a NIRSA soccer event!
- For more information, contact one of the tournament directors.