The deadline to submit a proposal for the 2018 NIRSA Recreation Facilities Institute is now July 11! The institute takes place December 5–7 in Miami, Florida and this is your chance to share your knowledge and experience with your professional peers!
The institute committee has created a list of topic areas to help potential presenters zero in on areas that needs the most attention. Submitters are encouraged to not only submit proposals about great program successes but also lessons learned and creative ways to combat challenges.
The NIRSA Facilities Institute theme is “The Power of Connection: The Facility’s Impact on Health and Wellbeing” and is focusing on the following topic areas:
- Facility Construction & Design
- Facility Management
- Facility Operations
- Safety & Risk Management
Now that you know the goals of the program committee when it comes to educational session programming, here is additional information worth considering:
- $100 presenter coupons: Professional and student members who are selected as lead presenters at the NIRSA Facilities Institute will receive a $100 voucher good towards registration fees at this event or a future NIRSA institute or annual conference within one year
- Professional Involvement Credits (PICs): NIRSA presenters qualify for PICs, which can be applied toward renewal in NIRSA’s Registry of Collegiate Recreational Sports Professionals
- Effective Presentation Proposal Guide: View components of effective proposals and see the evaluation criteria used by program reviewers on the NIRSA website
July 11 is right around the corner so don’t delay in thinking about what you would like to present—submit your presentation proposal today!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Professional Development Coordinator Nick Zumbrun.