By Brittany Rejda
The NIRSA Collegiate Sport Clubs Institute Committee and NIRSA Headquarters are pleased to announce that the 2015 Sport Club Institute will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 10-12, 2015 at the Crown Plaza Hotel Downtown.
The NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Institute delivers valuable information for a wide range of attendees, including:
- Experienced sport club professionals who lead, develop, or oversee sport clubs on campuses and are interested in revitalizing their programs
- New sport club professionals who are interested in learning more about developing collegiate sport clubs
- Student leaders who are members or leaders of sport clubs and/or interested in careers related to recreation sports
- Vendors who are looking to showcase their products and network with sport club professionals
- Parks and recreation professionals who organize sports leagues and are interested in enhancing their programs
In 2013, nearly 130 attendees and representatives from eight National Governing Bodies took part in the NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Symposium in St. Louis, Missouri (read more). NIRSA is hoping to grow National Governing Body participation in 2015 and will be inviting NGBs to share the following with Institute attendees: their goals, rules and policies, student development practices, budget information, league and national tournament information, current practices in risk management, levels of communication, and student expectations.
Stay tuned to theas a call for presentation proposals for this biennial NIRSA event will be made in the coming fall.
Registration for the NIRSA Collegiate Sport Clubs Institute is anticipated to open in early 2015.