Conference registration will open in early November, following the NIRSA Board of Directors Midyear meetings where the 2019 Budget is reviewed and adopted.
Reservations cannot be made until you register for NIRSA 2019. Once registered, you will be emailed a receipt/confirmation that will include a link to book your room at one of the Conference hotels for the discounted rate of $214/night for 1-2 occupants at the Sheraton and $215/night for 1-4 occupants at the Marriott.
NIRSA will have two conference hotels in 2019 with an equal amount of rooms in each. The Sheraton Boston Hotel is connected directly to the Hynes Convention Center. The Boston Marriott Copley Place accesses the Hynes Convention Center through the Shops at Prudential Center (indoor mall).
Amenities at both of the Conference hotels include:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all sleeping rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center and pool
- The Opening General Session will have an early start (3:30-5:00pm) on the afternoon of February 16, followed by the Expo Grand Opening from 5:00pm-8:00pm
- The All Conference Social will be on Sunday evening, February 17 at Jillian’s Lucky Strike
- The NIRSA Foundation will host its annual fundraising activity in the Expo Hall this year. The 2019 Mark Fletcher Urban Circuit gives members the option to register for in a 3K walk/roll around the Expo Hall (featuring fun, mini challenges along the route!), F45 Workout, Run with Woodway, or Cardio with Matrix. Registrants can also join the Fitness Forum and Spin Class as space allows. This philanthropic event takes place during the time of the Early Morning Workout from 7:00-8:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 17. The Early Morning Workout will remain open to all Annual Conference attendees.
Boston is known for its colonial history as well as its cutting-edge innovation. There are over 50 institutions of higher education in what is known as Boston Metro. The Hynes Convention Center, host to all 2019 NIRSA conference events, is located in the Back Bay Neighborhood of Boston and is connected to three hotels, two destination shopping malls and was voted the “Best Located Convention Facility in North America.”
The Convention Center is steps away from four subway stations and attendees can walk to Fenway Park, the Charles River Esplanade, Boston Public Garden, or visit numerous restaurants and shops on Boylston Street within a 1-mile radius.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is included in the negotiated hotel guest rate and will be available in sleeping rooms of the NIRSA contracted hotels. All attendees and presenters will have access to “browsing speed Wi-Fi” in the convention center and meeting rooms.
If you are flying, Boston Logan International Airport is just 15 minutes from the Hynes Convention Center and connecting hotels. Transportation options include:
- Back Bay Logan Express $7.50 one way/person from airport to Hynes Convention Center. It is an ~5 minute walk (all outside) from the bus stop to the Sheraton Boston. For the Boston Marriott, there is a ~ 2 block walk outside before entering the Prudential Center which is connected to the Boston Marriott.
- Boston Subway (The “T”). One would need to take the airport shuttle to the station, take the blue line and green line to the Prudential stop
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi from the airport to your hotel.
Once you’ve registered for NIRSA 2019, login to the 2019 NIRSA Annual Conference and Campus Rec & Wellness Expo event community on the NIRSA Connect website. In the discussion forum, view existing inquiries for room sharing and respond with a direct message, or specify your rooming preferences in your inquiry posting.
Conference attendees are automatically enrolled in this convenient event community once they have registered for NIRSA 2019.
To inquire about available space and options in or around the Hynes Convention Center, reach out to NIRSA Director of Meetings & Events, Sierra Smith. Sierra will connect you with the right person so you can put on a great event!