You Just Got Served: Incorporating Service Opportunities into the Student Experience
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 11:00am-noon
- Room 401
- Jenny Rodgers, Clemson University; David Frock, CRSS, Clemson University; Emily Theys, Clemson University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
When crafting the student experience, we often focus on helping students develop the necessary skills to be successful in their current jobs and jobs after graduation. But how do we ensure that we’re also preparing them to be active citizens outside of their employment? This presentation will take a deeper look at service and explore ways to incorporate it into the student experience including ways to create a work environment that promotes and fosters servant leadership.
- Identify opportunities for service within your campus community and find ways to make service accessible for student employees and participants.
- Communicate the importance of service and civic engagement to students, preparing them to be well-rounded, active citizens.
- Incorporate principles of servant leadership into your own management style to effectively motivate and encourage students to engage in acts of service.