The Unified Sports School (Level 1)
- 0.4 NIRSA CEUs
- Sunday, March 4, 8:00am-noon
- Room 501-502
- Amanda Alpert, University of Mississippi; Dan Ekonen, Special Olympics Michigan; Scott George, Central Michigan University; Gabrielle Sokol, Oakland University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
- Must have preregistered to attend
Both an introduction to Unified Sports and a Workshop for Implementing Unified Sports on a Campus (for students and professionals who do not have an existing Unified Program or have one that is in the beginning stages). Level 1 attendees will learn about Unified Sports and the diversity it brings to a campus through action plans to begin or continue a new Unified Sports program.
- Attendee will be able to understand the concept and impact of Unified Sports on a collegiate recreation program.
- Attendee will be able to learn the appropriate methods to working with Special Olympics, Unified Sports and Special Olympic Athletes.
- Attendee will be able to identify the best way to develop an impactful Unified Sports program at their institution. Attendee will be able to develop Unified Sport specific rules and officials training