More than a Paycheck: Creating a co-curricular experience to engage and empower student staff
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 2:15pm-3:15pm
- Room 401
- Shelby Hinkle Smith, PhD, University of Vermont; Cyrus Carey, University of Vermont; Jordan Olson, University of Vermont
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
This session will provide an overview of a comprehensive student development program that engages students in the process of critically thinking about their professional and personal goals, and how these relate to, and can be developed through, their work with Campus Recreation, thus increasing their engagement and motivation. Attendees will leave with ideas, strategies for development or implementation for their co-curricular experience.
- Identify two strategies for developing and/or implementing a successful co-curricular, student development program.
- Identify two student staff development programming ideas using best practices from the framework provided by Toperzer et al. (2011).