Realistic Emergency Drills
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 8:00am-9:30am
- Room 405
- Julie Saldiva, Texas State University; Taylor Capshaw, The University of Texas at San Antonio; Stephanie Darimont, American Red Cross
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
There are many steps to implementing a full Emergency Action Plan (EAP), and they involve more than what your students learn in CPR and First Aid. This session will show the basics of running efficient and strategic emergency drills. We will also do live demonstrations on how to use some easy moulage (make up) application to increase the realism of the drill.
- Demonstrate the importance of drills and CPR/First Aid Refreshers (outside of the initial certifications).
- Learn the basic “how to” steps for running efficient and realistic drills.
- Learn some basic moulage (make up) techniques to make your “victims” look more realistic.